Pages

27 September 2005

Todays Word of the Day Is...

Fuffle!

Thanks to the great Moonarcher for sending this through.

Fuffle, it turns out, is the linguistic ancestor of kerfuffle and curfuffle.

I love it! I love words that sound exactly like what they are, which I also just discovered are onomatopoetic words.

It is fortuitous that I learned these two words today, as tonight I am going to the Foreign Correspondents' Club in Tokyo for some drinky-poos. I wonder if it will impress The Guardian correspondent. I was eyeing him off last time I was there, not because he is in any way attractive, but because I am terribly impressed by who he is. I am so shallow.

So my mission tonight is to not only talk to him, but to also incorporate these two words into our discussion. I love a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment