Pages

2 February 2006

Working Girl

Hey, thanks for all the emails. I'm absolutely fine. I haven't posted anything for a while as I worked too many days straight - can't even remember how many now - and now have an avian-like flu so was in bed for the last two days. I got roped into working this weekend too, so another 9 days to go. Argh! On the 10th day I move into the Palace. Then. I. Crash.

I've also been having WAY too much fun, but as this is a family-oriented blog, (note to self, start new blog where I don't have to constantly monitor what I write) I won't be able to regale you with the tales. Suffice it to say, I'm having a ball. Definitely burning the candle at both ends (which is actually one of the dumbest idioms in existence but I'll keep it in because it's taking up space. In fact, I can't think of one single idiom that doesn't piss me off. I hate them all - idiot idioms and stupid sayings). So... where was I going with that? Not sure, doesn't matter. If you take anything away from this post, and I'm quite sure you won't, make sure it's a solid hatred of idioms.

And that's all folks. x

4 comments:

  1. I'm a dumb idiom. Hope your hatred doesn't spread to me young lady. Good to know you're having a blast in the land of the Little People.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey GG! glad to see the post! thought you were being held hostage in some grand palace somewhere by a British romeo with a not-so-British libido!?? All jokes aside, hope you are feeling better after your attack of the avian-like flu, and hang in there with all that work! From a fellow-idiom hater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you do start your secret blog, can you call it "Gaijin Gone Wild," and email me the link?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fatman, you are no dumb idiom. I reckon you must be a true original. I am embracing the Land of Little People and also being a giant amongst them. Call me Gulliver.

    NG, if I find that British contradiction you speak of, I'll let you know, but that may be a life mission! Avian-like flu loitering in annoying fashion but I'm a trooper. Good luck with the job girl!

    Hamish, love the new title. When I start a new blog, you will be the first to know babe.

    ReplyDelete