Pages

17 April 2006

Late, Again.

I realised it has been a while since I wrote anything about my beloved trains, although the trains rarely cause my being late for work. Heard a cautionary gaijin tale the other day:

You know you've been in Japan too long when you run for the Yamanote line train, knock women, children and the odd salaryman out of your way, and then jump on the train and hold the doors open to let your freakin' handbag follow you on. And you do this because you know there will not be another train ... for at least two minutes.

Ahem. Guilty.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha...I do this every single day :p

    BTW I've tagged you if you are game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi VK, good to hear I'm not the only one! I don't mean to do it, but find I can leave a trail of destruction behind me as I rampage through the tiny people. Oops!

    Hehe, of course I was game. Thanks for the tag.

    ReplyDelete