Pages

28 July 2006

It was only a Matter of Time...

I recently found a copy of The Very Best of Kiss in a friend's CD collection. It was cleverly hidden away at the back of a cupboard, under a stack of magazines, covered by a mountain of blankets, in a bunker ten feet underground and guarded by Alsations. I fought my way through to get to it, and it was worth every scratch, bite and eye-gouge. Although the dogs may not think so.

The immortal songs are now in my iPod. There have been some close calls out in public when I feel the irrepressible need to pump the air with my fist or sing falsetto, but I have managed to restrain myself. Thus far.

9 comments:

  1. Hee hee..."Greatest Kiss" is on very high rotation on my iPod Mini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the funheadJuly 29, 2006

    What is my what is mo-oo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so pleased to hear that, vk. i thought i may have been the only tragedy.

    funhead: how many times do i have to tell you, charisma is so not the best song. although it has made for some hilarious moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. heh. I remember when I thought 'Beth' was the greatest song ever written. Ok, did I just admit that in public...

    ReplyDelete
  5. b, seeing this is such an old entry, i will admit that i still cry when i listen to 'beth' and 'hard luck woman'. must be something about peter criss...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi gaijin girl,

    I found your blog via vernicious knid's. I have to say your blog is pretty cool, especially when you have a post about Kiss! I'm a big fan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi yteh,

    thanks for stopping by. is blue really your favourite colour??

    i am a big kiss fan and saw one of their many farewell tours in australia. they are freakin' amazing live, and paul stanley is a big show pony and i still adore him even after all these years! phew. i had to get all that out in one big sentence.

    gg.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi gaijin girl,

    Thanks for visiting my site. I haven't decided whether blue is my favorite color yet.

    I saw Kiss at a concert a few years back when they were performing with Aerosmith. They put on an awesome show. Lots of pyrotechnics and very loud. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay, that sounds like heaps of fun. aerosmith would be great to see live too.

    i'm really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete